Duke Job Postings
To see if there are current openings for any of the job descriptions listed on this web site, please search Duke Jobs.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECH
Job Title: EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECH
Job Code: 4063
Job Level: B2
Revised Date: 06/27/2005
Supervisory Responsibility: No
General Description of the Job Class
The EMT Driver will perform a variety of activities associated with the Life Flight/ Life Care Critical Care Transport service to include operation of the Life Care Critical Care Transport ambulance and medical support systems, and assist with operations of associated satellite base and ongoing continuing education outreach program.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
1. Responsible for minor repairs to the unit to include: changing light bulbs, replenishing fluids, tightening nuts and bolts, inspecting tires, etc.
2. Responsible for daily maintenance including fueling and cleaning of vehicle.
3. Responsible for reporting minor and major repair needs to the site specific Clinical Operations Director.
4. Responsible for assisting nursing staff with patient care as requested to include loading and unloading operation of commonly used equipment and providing family members with information about and directions to Duke.
5. Responsible for replenishing medical air and oxygen and medical supplies used during transport.
6. Knowledge of streets and highways within the response area of the mobile intensive care unit.
Required Qualifications at this Level
High school or equivalent
Two years experience operating an ambulance/fire truck equivalent to the Duke mobile intensive care unit.
Two years EMT experience with an active EMS provider
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Current certification as North Carolina EMT.
Current Class C drivers license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Operating knowledge of ambulance/ fire truck equivalent to the Duke mobile intensive care unit.
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required: Click here for more information
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.