In order to maintain the integrity of Duke employee data, please use the HR Data Request Form to request creation and/or distribution of HR and Payroll Data reports. For policy details see HR/Payroll Data Policy)
- All requests must have the approval of the requesting department's appropriate senior administrator, Dean, COO or Vice President as determined by the requesting department's organizational structure. Consult immediate supervisor if necessary to determine appropriate approval routing.
- Requests for restricted or sensitive data require approval from the director of HRIC or Vice President, Human Resources. For more details on Human Resources Data Access Policy, click here.
- Requestor is encouraged to follow up with Approver to ensure that request for approval has been received.
- Allow 3-5 business days following approval for request to be processed. HR will contact Requestor with estimated completion date.
- Any materials that will accompany the requested data when it is distributed - such as memos, articles, letters, or mailing cover - must be reviewed by VP, Human Resources or designee. The HR data team will contact Requestor and/or Approver for copies of such documents.
- Information may not be disclosed, made available or otherwise used for purposes other than specified, including selling or redistribution of the data.
- Data received by electronic or hardcopy file must be destroyed within 5 business days following completion of use. Requestor must notify HR helpdesk when materials are destroyed.
- No information will be provided of a non-business nature. Example: requests for clubs to identify segments of Duke population.
- For labels, consult with printer who will be generating the print job to determine file type and format. Address labels are only sent to the printer. For a list of approved vendors, refer to Procurement website
- Violations of terms of agreement will constitute misuse of confidential personnel information.
- All form fields are required.
If you have questions about this form, please call HR helpdesk at 684-5600.