Title: Energy Manager
Senior Management Area: Facilities Management
Class Year: 2014
Responsible for planning, implementing, operating and monitoring of the University's Energy Management Programs. Set goals and strategies to save energy and water, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions across campus. Report on energy use on campus and forecast future loads.
* Establish utility benchmarks for all facilities on campus and outline energy savings targets and objectives.
* Conduct site visits and perform technical energy studies and audits of facilities to identify energy savings opportunities.
* Report and allocate energy use and costs on campus.
* Purchase natural gas for our central heating plants.
* Lead efforts to reduce potable water consumption on Campus.
* Assisted on the development, and currently implementation of Duke's Climate Action Plan (CAP).
* Advise the mechanical, electrical, and HVAC trades on proper operation of energy control systems, energy conservation methods/procedures, and recommended field improvement measures.
* Manage the Building Automation Systems team responsible for operating and maintaining the Campus and Utility Plants automatic control systems.
* Work with the Academic Community in various ways to bring real world experience to the classroom. Currently co-teaching Nicholas School class and member of a Bass Connections team.
2000 - 2007: Duke University Account Manager Operations, Siemens Building Technologies
1998 - 2000: Project Manager, Siemens Building Technologies
1995 - 1998: Energy Engineer, Siemens Building Technologies
1990 - 1995: Energy Systems Engineer, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)