The HR Youth Protection Coordinator can be contacted at (919) 684-1942 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to answer questions or provide guidance regarding requirements for programs serving Minors.
- Duke Police are available 24/7 at (919) 684-2444
- Duke Disability Management are available at (919) 668-1267, if you have received an accommodation request from a minor participant or have questions about accessibility
Additional Policies to Consider
- If the minor will be in the Health System, the Program Director should consider whether there are any additional Health System policies for visitors or minors that might apply, such as the Visiting Observer Policy (Non-Physician) or others.
- If lab activities, patient care, or industrial areas are involved, the Program Director should consult the Minors and Non-Employees in Work Areas Policy. This requires the submission of a Workplace Safety Statement for Minors to OESO for approval.
- If the minor will be a volunteer or unpaid intern, the Program Director should consult the Volunteer and Unpaid Intern Policy Guidelines.
- If Duke facilities or Duke services will be need, the Program Director should complete a Facilities Use Agreement or Conference Services Agreement with Duke Event Services.